All visitors are required to be in possession of a national passport or other acceptable travel document establishing nationality and identity, and bearing a photograph. The passport pr other travel document must be valid for the period of intended stay in the island. Visitors are also required to show evidence of sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay and be in possession of a return or round trip ticket to another country to which they are admissible.
The decision in respect of admission and length of stay in the country rests with the Immigration Officer at the port of entry into Jamaica. This applies whether or not a visa is a prerequisite for entry.
All applicants requiring tourist visas must apply through the High Commission or Consulate and produce the following:
- Valid passport
- Completed visa application Form "J"
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Valid re-entry visa to Canada or proof of having entry requirements for onward destination ( visas, tickets), if not returning to Canada
- Financial statement showing proof of adequate funds for trip
- Provisional travel itinerary and hotel accommodation
- Required visa fees - Please contact the High Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-233-9311 to confirm required fees