High Commission,



Persons who have misplaced their original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship can apply for a certified copy from Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA).  The applicant must write a letter addressed to:


Chief Executive Officer

Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency

25c Constant Spring Road

Kingston 10

Jamaica W.I.


The letter should state the following:

1.     Name

2.     Address

3.     File Reference or Certificate Number

4.     Brief statement of the circumstances behind the loss of the original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship.  This information must also be reflected in the Police Report (see below).


The letter must be accompanied by the following originaldocuments:

1.     A Police Report (not older than 6 months) stating the circumstances behind loss of the original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship.

2.     A certified passport sized photograph of applicant.

3.     If applicant is a minor, a certified copy of one of the parent’s photo I.D.


PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the replacement of the Citizenship Certificate.


Processing Time

Compliant applications will be processed within ten (10) working days.



For the relevant fee, please contact PICA at:

Tel: (876)  754 7422

Fax: (876) 906 4372

Email: info@pica.gov.jm




Replacement of Lost Certificates of Jamaican Citizenship