non-Jamaican national is eligible to make an application for citizenship by
virtue of Marriage if he or she is married to a Jamaican citizen.
The documents (either
the originals or duly notarized) required to apply for Jamaican citizenship are:
1. Completed Application
2. Birth Certificate/ Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship and passport of
the Jamaican National.
3. Birth Certificate and current passport of the applicant (spouse).
4. Marriage Certificate.
5. Decree Absolute, where applicable.
6. Work Permit/ Marriage Exemption Certificate (if resident in Jamaica)
7. Recent (at most 6 months old) Police Record of the applicant.
8. Verification of Income e.g. Employment Letter, last 3 Pay slips, Company
Financial Statements (should not be older than 6 months).
9. Recent Bank Statement (should not be older than 6 months).
10. A Personal Tax Compliance Certificate. N.B. If applicant is the owner of
a business , the company Tax Compliance Certificate must be submitted (if
resident in Jamaica)
11. If applicant operates a wholesale/haberdashery then Income Tax Filings
with both Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificates are required.
12. A Police Certificate from country or last Residence (if resident in
13. Official Change of Name Document – Court Order, Deed Polls registered
through the court or the Country’s record office, etc, where applicable.
14. Two (2) passport sized
photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace for local
applications or by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths
or Consular Officer, for overseas applications.
15. Letter to the Minister of National Security and Justice requesting
registration as a Citizen of Jamaica.
The fee for this application is
CAD$290.00. This payment must be made by a Bank Draft or Money Order made payable
to the Ministry of National Security of Jamaica.
Once the above documents are
submitted to the High Commission, they are sent to the Passport, Immigration
and Citizenship Agency (PICA) to be processed. Compliant applications
will be prepared for submission to the Minister within twenty four (24) months and then returned to
the Jamaican High Commission to be dispatched to the applicant.
reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the
processing of the application.
ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH
THE JAMAICAN HIGH COMMISSION WILL ATTRACT A CONSULAR FEE OF CAD$13.00 IN
ADDITION TO A POSTAGE FEE OF CAD$13.00.